I'm Pam. You can also call me Pamela, Ela, LaLa, or Hey You. Ela is the second half of Pamela in case that wasn't obvious. Ela was my jam while living it up in the Florida Keys, but I'm always Pam. It's all good.
I live in Fort Collins, Colorado after spending time in the Florida Keys, Miami and Michigan. I left Colorado 4 years ago to experience living in China with my husband for about a year and a half. I've also lived in Indiana.
Here's some other tidbits to get to know me:
- I start off every morning with good coffee from a local coffee roaster.
- I've been married for almost 29 years. Why yes, I got married when I was 5 years old. (just kidding -- I was 18)
- I will always be a marching band geek.
- I cry at parades (especially when the marching band goes by) + and musicals -- even the funny ones.
- I know enough Mandarin Chinese to get around in a taxi.
- I lived in China in 2014-2015.
- I've worked all these jobs at one point in my life: babysitter, cotton candy maker, preschool teacher, barista, program manager for kids events, DJ (radio, weddings, schools, fraternities, kids, etc), crafty entrepreneur, real estate marketing, and a few others I am forgetting. Whew.
- I own a vintage trailer aka a glamper. Update: sold that. Own a 2017 Airstream Basecamp now!
- I have three amazing sons (27, 26 + 24) who live in different cool spots: Seattle, New Orleans, and Michigan.
- I like it when my hair looks like Pink's, but I am always trying to grow it out. I am currently in grow out mode.
Update: Now to shoulders. Kind of.
- My dream is to write a novel or three. I planned to do Nanowrimo this year, but November came and went and I haven't written a sentence on that fabulous novel. Here's to 2017. (Update: or not..2018? Nope.)
- I am an Instagram addict. See my current IGs on the right -->.
- I fostered a little girl when we lived in China. She still is my heart.
- My 3 days a week job is handcrafting skincare products with Chinese herbs for a TCM dermatology business.
- I think about going to Soul Cycle every single day. Keyword: think about. Yoga calls my name early in the morning, but then I go back to sleep.